Paracyprichromis nigripinnis male pictured.
- Common Name: Blue Neon
- Locations Collected From: Found through out the lake.
- Approximate Size: about 4 inches.
- Food: Eats flake food, daphnia, brine shrimp, mosquito larvae I never tried pellet foods. They didn’t eat the live foods as well as they did the flake foods.
- Water Conditions: pH of 8.0 – 9+ and temperatures between 75 – 78 degrees F. Very ammonia sensitive needs stable water conditions to survive.
- Breeding Behavior: Mouthbrooder. Males chase the females slightly around spawning time. They have very small spawns. The smallest spawn I have gotten is 3 fry, and the largest spawn was 7 fry. Likes caves to hide in. The blue stripes stand out more in the males around spawning time. Multiple males can be housed in the same tank depending on tank size.
- Tankmates: I’ve kept mine with juvenile Cyathopharynx furcifer (1 – 3.5 inch), Lamprologus brevis and rainbow fish.