- Common Names: Chisumulu Clown
- Locations Collected From: Chizumulu Island.
- Approximate Size: 3.5 inches with females around 3 inches
- Food: Not very picky. Mine ate pellets, flake, daphnia, mosquito larvae, brine shrimp, and algae off the rocks.
- Water Conditions: Can tolerate a pH of 7.5 – 8.5 and a temperature range of 75 – 82 degrees F.
- Breeding Behavior: Mouthbrooder. Males tend to be very aggressive towards females even with rock work. More than one female for each male and only one male in each aquarium is recommended. I had to keep my male separated from the females until they were ready to spawn. When the females were ready I would put the male back into the tank with them and then had to remove the male again after they had spawned. Small spawns, my breeders averaged between 15 – 20 fry per spawn.
- Tankmates: Does well with most Mbuna and Victorians. Not recommended for tanks with Aulonocara in them.