- Common Name:
- Location Collected From: Lake Tanganyika
- Approximate Size: 3.5 – 4 inches
- Food: These little scavengers will accept most foods from flake to live foods.
- Water Conditions: A hardy fish that accepts a pH from 7.4 – 9+ and temperatures between 74 and 80 degrees F.
- Breeding Behavior: Egglayer. Mine have interrupted my Victorian Cichlid mouthbrooders and deposited their own eggs in with the Cichlids eggs.
- Tankmates: Does well with most African Cichlids as long as they have rocks and caves to hide in. It is a common occurrence to not be able to see them very often if they have hiding spots. Mine are active and will swim at all levels of the tank until someone they aren’t used to comes near the tank, then they hide under their shells until the other person leaves.