- Common name: Blood Throat Fwa
- Lake and Location collected from: Lake Fwa and Fwa River
- Approximate size: About 4 inches
- Food: Not really picky. They have eaten flake, daphnia and have eaten some of the Java Moss I had in the tank. They don’t seem to be a picky eater.
- pH: between 7.6 – 8.4
- Temperature: 76 – 82 degrees F.
- Breeding behavior: Mouthbrooder. Mine like to have rocks and caves to hide in. My brauschi did better with dither fish in the tank with them. Without the dithers, they were very shy and wouldn’t come out of hiding very often so I would never see them. After the dithers were put into the tank with them the brauschi were much less shy than before. The males aggression towards the females was also reduced significantly with the addition of dither fish.
- Tankmates: I have mine in with a female Labidochromis chisumulae, Neolamprologus pulcher (Daffodil), and have had them in with Labidochromis sp. Hongi.
- Tank size: I have kept 1 male and 3 females in a 20 gallon high aquarium.
- Additional notes:
Interesting Facts about Aquarium Fish and Aquarium Heating Though fish are mute they are extremely sensitive towards the light, smells, touches, sounds, and tastes. Taste buds cover their...
How We Picked Out the Best Models in the Category of Aquarium Heaters? To choose the most popular and most reliable aquarium heater models of the year we made a deep analysis of this segment of...