- Description: A long slender tan fish with thick dark brown to black barring including barring on their face and blue trim to their fins.
- Common Names:
- Locations collected from: Found between Karema and Isanga Zambia.
- Approximate Size: 4.5 – 5 inches
- Food: Not really picky. Will eat most foods readily. Mine ate flake, brine shrimp, daphnia, and mosquito larvae. They did not care for pellet foods.
- Water Conditions: pH between 8.0 and 9+ and temperature between 75 – 80 degrees.
- Breeding Behavior: Egglayer. Forms a pair and spawns in a cave or on the side of a rock. They can get quite aggressive towards each other a lot of rocks are needed for shelter and territory.
- Tankmates: Should do well with most Tanganyikans, some Malawi, and Victorian Cichlids. I have had them in with Neolamprologus brichardi, Aulonocara jacobfreibergi, Aulonocara hansbaenschi “Red Shoulder”, Labidochromis caeruleus, Labidochromis sp. Hongi, Placidochromis electra, and Protomelas fenestratus. I have seen them in with Neolamprologus leleupi, Altolamprologus compressiceps, Altolamprologus calvus, Julidochromis marlieri, and some tropheus without problems.