- 0.1 How We Picked Out the Best Models in the Category of Aquarium Heaters?
- 0.2 Best Aquarium Heaters of the Year 2021: a Comparative Chart
- 0.3 Top Aquarium Heater 2021: Our Choice
- 1 ViaAqua 50-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat
- 2 FLUVAL E 300 watt Advanced Electronic Heater
- 3 Neo-Therm Aquarium Heater — Cobalt Aquatics
- 4 Aqueon Pro Heater Aquarium Heater
- 5 EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater
- 6 Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater With Electronic Thermostat
- 7 Songjoy Quartz Glass Submersible Aquarium Heater For Tropical Fish with Suction Cup
How We Picked Out the Best Models in the Category of Aquarium Heaters?
To choose the most popular and most reliable aquarium heater models of the year we made a deep analysis of this segment of the market. We’ve studied several hundreds of aquarium heater reviews of real customers. It helped us to single out main pros and cons of every heater and nominate prospective leaders.
The second stage of our research was real-life testing of the chosen models. For testing, we used two standard aquariums 15 and 30 gallons (without live fish, just with water). One of them was filled with salted water, another – with fresh water. Our goal was to estimate the build quality, design, the accuracy of temperature measuring, the consistency of water temperature and some other key parameters. As a result, seven best models were chosen. All of them are efficient and reliable enough, and all of them are highly estimated by real customers.
Best Aquarium Heaters of the Year 2021: a Comparative Chart
|Brand||ViaAqua 50-Watt Heater||FLUVAL E 300 Watt Heater||Neo-Therm Aquarium Heater — Cobalt Aquatics||Aqueon Pro Heater Aquarium Heater||EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater||Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater||Songjoy Quartz Glass Submersible Aquarium Heater|
|Type of a heater||Submersible||Submersible||Submersible||Submersible||Submersible||Submersible||Submersible|
|Type of water||Fresh or salted||Fresh or salted||Fresh or salted||Fresh or salted||Fresh or salted||Fresh or salted||Fresh or salted|
|Applicable tank size (gallons)||Up to 13||Up to 100||Up to 12||Up to 50||Up to 100||Up to 10||Up to 50|
|Temperature range (F)||68-93||68-93||66-96||68-88||65-93||Non-adjustable: around 78||35-93|
|Warranty||Not specified||5 years||3 years||Limited lifetime warranty||3 years||Not specified||1 year|
Top Aquarium Heater 2021: Our Choice
Here is our list of best aquarium heater models. For every heater, we tried to single out pros and cons. Read and decide what top-rated aquarium heater is best for you.
ViaAqua 50-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat
✅ Best Strong Material Heater
Durable material – I have an aquarium with large turtles, when launching into the water have broken several heaters. Got this product and I was very surprised by the quality and thickness of the glass, even resists the temperature change from cold to hot (moderate) of the water with the heater disconnected.
This is a simple small aquarium heater that is able to maintain a fixed temperature in a 10- 13-gallon tank. It is fully submersible and can be used in both salted and fresh water. But for larger aquariums, this 50-watt aquarium heater can turn out to be too weak.
- adjustable temperature;
- for salted- or freshwater aquariums;
- convenient temperature setting;
- high-quality materials: sturdy plastic and quartz glass.
- the temperature needs to be adjusted manually;
- sometimes doesn’t cope with the heating of a 13-gallon tank;
- tends to turn off before the temperature reaches the preset value.
FLUVAL E 300 watt Advanced Electronic Heater
✅ Best Heater With LED Display
Works well -Digital temperature easy to program using button attached to the cord. Taking heater out of tank or putting hand in water not needed for temperature adjustment.
This powerful 300-watt aquarium heater can maintain the needed constant temperature in 100-gallon tank. It is equipped with dual sensors for quick and precise temperature measurements. The VueTech Technology indicates an increased risk of overheating with the help of a flashing LED monitor.
- smart and powerful;
- dual sensors for temperature measurements;
- a readable LED display;
- easy to set and use;
- the heating element is hidden deep inside so that fish can’t contact it.
- it is expensive if compared to most other heaters.
Neo-Therm Aquarium Heater — Cobalt Aquatics
✅ Best For Maintaining Steady Temperature
Good product, prompt service – Set it and forget it, maintains rock solid temperature range. Like +\- 0.2 degrees per my digital thermometer. Great product, great function, great warranty.
This heater is notable not only for its design, which is really sleek. It is very handy, easy to set up and use, and efficient. The Neo-Therm heater provides precise temperature measurements and has a function of an automatic switching off if there is a risk of overheating.
- a very accurate temperature reading and displaying;
- the “one touch” system is really handy;
- two bright indicators – the preset temperature and the current temperature;
- maintains the temperature very well;
- shatterproof and shockproof.
- must be placed only vertically.
Aqueon Pro Heater Aquarium Heater
✅ Best For Outdoor Use
Brilliant for outdoor pond in winter – Most days the water feels warm. I would 100% recommend this heater for outdoor ponds in the winter: it has worked absolutely perfectly for that purpose for me! Works much better than a similar wattage pond deicer and much more economically than a higher wattage pond deicer.
This is another terrific aquarium heater with thermostat (electronic). It is lightweight and compact but very robust and, as the manufacturer claims, 100% shatterproof and shockproof. It is a fully submersible heater; easy to use and reliable.
- an exceptional build quality;
- the accuracy of temp measurements and displaying;
- electronic thermostat;
- lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
- tends to rust over time;
- sometimes (though rarely) doesn’t maintain the preset temperature. The solution is a more powerful option.
EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater
✅ Best For Budget
Brilliant for outdoor pond in winter – fantastic product always high quality and reliability from Eheim, an excellent product for small aquariums, top marks
The EHEIM Aquarium Heater is a great example of a reliable modern medium-priced device. It has a conventional design, sturdy shock-resistant construction, and all the necessary features. The good news is a wide range of watts available – from 50 to 300 W.
- easy setting;
- the proprietary TruTemp system for more precise measurements;
- a decent build quality, shock-resistance;
- durable and reliable;
- it turns off automatically when there’s a risk of overheating.
- it is longer than usual;
- sometimes doesn’t cope with the claimed tank size.
Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater With Electronic Thermostat
✅ Best For Beginners
Simple Use and Great Buy – I love these. I have been keeping tropical aquariums for 45 years and temperature control just doesn’t get any easier than this. I just drop them in the tank, give them some time to acclimatize, and plug them in. There is nothing to adjust ever.
The Tetra HT submersible aquarium heater is a fantastic low-budget option. It can seem a bit plain and too small but on the plus side, it is a really cheap aquarium heater, which does its job well, especially in small aquariums. But keep in mind that for a larger tank, you’d better buy a more powerful device.
- very affordable;
- easy to set up and use;
- fully submersible;
- a shatterproof construction;
- an electronic thermostat.
- not very durable;
- for smaller tanks only.
Songjoy Quartz Glass Submersible Aquarium Heater For Tropical Fish with Suction Cup
This 300w aquarium heater suits for heating bigger aquariums – up to 50 gallons of water. Beware that other options are also available (from 100 to 500 Watt). The heater is affordable and does its job well.
- fully submersible;
- fast and accurate heating;
- a bright indicator;
- adjustable temperature;
- can be placed vertically and horizontally
- one-year warranty.
- suction cups are not perfect;
- sometimes doesn’t cope with the claimed tank size.
Verdict and Recommendations
We’ve reviewed seven great models of submersible aquarium heaters. Your final choice will depend on your particular needs. For example, the Tetra aquarium heater, as well as the Top Fin aquarium heater, will not fit into a large tank, so you’ll better choose a large aquarium heater like FLUVAL E 300 Watt. If you are looking for a good 50-gallon aquarium heater, consider Aqueon Pro Heater, which has an excellent build quality and a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. Finally, if you are looking for the most affordable option for a small tank, try the ViaAqua heater – it is cheap but effective, and does its job really well.
===> Further Reading ===>
Read These For Your Aquatic Friends:
- 4 Recommendations For Saltwater Aquarium Lighting 2021: How To Remove Algae
- Anemone In A Fish-Only Saltwater Aquarium? 9 Steps To Change Water Of Fish Tank (2021)
- How To Choose The Best Amazon Aquarium Canister Filters? 2021
👉 Species Introduction
- Placidochromis Phenochilus Photos
- Looking For A Friendly Tankmate? Profile Of Nimbochromis Venustus
- Endangered Saltwater Fish, Astatotilapia latifasciata: Size To Everything
👉 Aquarium Guide
- Tankmate For Aggressive Species: All About Julidochromis Marlieri
- What Size UV Sterilizer Do I Need? Freshwater & Saltwater UV Sterilizer Sizing Chart
- Aquarium Plant: Grow Echinodorus osiris “Melon Sword” In Your Fish Tank
👉 Water Heating Products And Info
- Best Aquarium Product Deals On Amazon Prime Day For Your Aquatic Friends 2021: Get The Best Bargain For The Best Quality Now!
- Best Aquarium Heaters 2021: Maintain Water Temperature with No Trouble
- Aquarium Fish and Aquarium Heating Tips For Aquarians (FAQs 2021)
👉 Water Pump Products And Info
- 12 Best Aquarium Accessories & Gadgets To Get In 2021
- Amazon Black Friday Sales: All The Best Gift Deals For Saltwater And Fresh Water Aquatic Animals 2021
- How Do Magnetic Impellor Driven Pumps Function?
👉 Aquarium Filter And Info
- How To Choose The Best Amazon Aquarium Internal Power Filters? 2021
- 4 Best Recommended Filtration Products 2021 To Enhance The Water Quality In Your Saltwater Aquariums
- Everything You Need To Know About Aquatic Filtration: FAQs on Pumps, Protein Concentration And Dangers (2021)
👉 Turtle Guides
- How To Set The Best Aquarium Environment For Your Freshwater Turtles FAQ-2 (2021)
- Facts You Should Know To Breed Australian Freshwater Turtles FAQ-1 (2021)
- How To Get Rid Of Fungus In Turtles? Symptoms And Treatments For Common Infection FAQ-5 (2021)
👉 Water Plants
- Choosing Grass-like Aquatic Plant: How To Care Vallisneria Spiralis Var. Tortifolia “Corkscrew Val”
- Decoration Tip For Your Aquarium: Aquatic Plant Sagittaria Latifolia
- Planning To Get Aquarium Plants? Basic Info About Hygrophila Difformis “Wisteria”
👉 Fresh Water Aquarium Guides
- Aquatic Plant Profile: All About Ceratophyllum demersum “Hornwort”
- Freshwater Fish Guide – Species By Geographical Origin
- Freshwater Fish Guide 2021
👉 Marine Aquarium Guides
- Turning Your Saltwater Aquarium Hobby Into A Business (2021)
- Are You A Saltwater Fish Tank Beginner? Tips For Setting Up Your Aquarium And Choosing Species 2021
- Location Where Saltwater Fishes Are Collected: Ukerewe Island And Surrounding Areas
👉 Other Essential Products