- Description: Similar to a “Daffodil” without the yellowfins and different markings on the face.
- Common Names: Princess of Burundi
- Locations Collected From: Wide distribution in the lake.
- Approximate Size: 3 – 3.5 inches not counting the tail.
- Food: Not picky, I have not tried them with pellet food.
- Water Conditions: Tolerates a pH of 7.5 – 9.0 and a temperature range of 72 – 82 degrees F. I put 4 in a 55 gallon to cycle the tank which averaged a temperature of 72 degrees F without a heater. Within 1 month I got a pair and had close to 300 fry in this tank.
- Breeding Behavior: Egglayer. Once you get a pair they will aggressively defend their territory and fry. Normal spawns are around 75 – 100 fry for adults. I have spawned them several times and each time I have had to remove the extra adults from the tank. They like to spawn in caves or shells.
- Tankmates: I haven’t tried them with anything. Mine paired off and stayed in their own tank. If kept as single-sex they should do well with leleupi, transcriptus, and other similar-sized species.