- Description: This is a blue fish with a black strip in the dorsal and anal fins.
- Common Name: Also called Psuedotropheus pindani
- Location collected from: Found between Tumbi Point and Cobue.
- Approximate Size: Just over 3 inches for wild socolofi, but I have seen them as large as 6 inches in an aquarium.
- Food: Will eat just about anything. Mine ate flake, brine shrimp, mosquito larvae, and pellet foods without hesitation.
- Water Conditions: Likes a pH between 7.6 and 8.2 with a temperature between 75 and 82 degrees.
- Breeding Behavior: Mouthbrooder. Males will defend a territory around spawning time but other than that they don’t really keep a territory. Multiple males can be kept in the same aquarium without many problems. Likes to have rocks and caves to hide in. My socolofi males did not chase the females very much.
- Tankmates: Should do well with other Mbuna and some Victorians. I had mine in with Labidochromis caeruleus, Labidochromis sp. Hongi, Melanochromis auratus, and Haplochromis sp. Blue Fire Fins without problems.