Cynotilapia afra “Black Eastern”
Cynotilapia afra “Black Eastern” Pictured
Cynotilapia afra “Black Eastern” male pictured.
- Common Names: None. Fairly rare in the hobby. We had been looking for them for almost 4 years before we found some.
- Location Collected From: Nkhungu Point
- Size: 4 inches with females being slightly smaller
- Food: Readily accepts most foods. I have never tried pellets but everything else was a success.
- Water Conditions: Tolerant of most conditions. Likes a pH range from 7.5 – 8.5 and temperatures ranging from 75 – 82 degrees F.
- Breeding Behavior: Mouthbrooder. Males are quite aggressive towards females. Males will claim a rock or a group of rocks as their territory and aggressively defend it. Best kept in tanks that have lots of other inhabitants or with lots of females for each male. They seem to have small spawns.
- Tankmates: Does well with other Mbuna, and Victorians. I have kept mine in with Pundamilia nyererei, Labidochromis caeruleus, and Nimbochromis ventustus without many problems.