Astatotilapia sp. Tricolor Fulu
Astatotilapia sp. Tricolor Fulu Uganda male pictured.
- Common Names:
- Locations collected from: Uganda
- Approximate Size: 4 – 4.5 inches
- Food: Will eat just about anything. I have feed mine flake, brine shrimp, daphnia, and mosquito larvae.
- Water Conditions: Likes a pH between 7.5 – 8.4 and a temperature between 76 – 82 degrees.
- Breeding Behavior: Mouthbrooder. Males get very aggressive around spawning time. My dominate male tries to take over the entire tank for himself. Multiple females for each male are recommended. Multiple males can be kept in the same aquarium depending on the size of the tank, amount of rocks, and number of females in the tank. Females brood for 18 – 25 days. The first spawn I got was about 20 fry from a 2 inch female.
- Tankmates: The only other fish i have kept them in with was Labidochromis sp. Hongi and Labidochromis caeruleus.