Aulonocara “OB Peacock” Hybrid
- Common Name: OB Peacock, Marmalade Cat Peacock
- Location Collected From: This fish is not part of the Genus Aulonocara it is a Hybrid and does not exist in the Wild. This fish is thought to be a hybrid between Otopharynx lithobates (AKA red top Aristochromis) and a Psuedotropheus species probably a Psuedotropheus zebra. This fish is also recognized by the American Cichlid Association as a hybrid and is banned from being entered into their annual show or being listed for sale in their trading post.
- Approximate Size: Males reach a size of about 4 inches with females staying smaller.
- Food: Not picky. They will eat just about anything from flake, to pellet and even frozen or live foods.
- Water Conditions: They like to have a pH between 7.6 and 9 with a temperature between 76 and 82 degrees.
- Tankmates: I have seen them kept in with many different species. I have seen some of these fish that were very mild and were being used as dither or target fish, and I have also seen some of these fish that were very aggressive and would quickly kill a Psuedotropheus zebra or Psuedotropheus demasoni.