- Scientific Name: Hygrophila salicifolia or Hygrophila stricta
- Common Name: Giant Hygro
- Approximate Size:
- pH Range: 5 – 9+
- Temperature Range: 60 – 84
- Lighting: Does well in moderate or bright light
- How to keep: Does well planted in the substrate or can be left to float on the surface.
- How to propagate: Grows well from cuttings and if individual leaves are left floating they will grow roots also.
- Prohibited in the US: I have not seen this species of Hygrophila listed as banned, but several other species of Hygrophila are on the banned species list.