Copadichromis borleyi “Red Fin Kadango” male pictured.
- Common Names: Red Fin borleyi, Red Fin Kadango, Yellow Fin
- Locations Collected From: Tawain Reef, Mbenji Island, Nkhungu Reef, Ntekete, Kadango.
- Approximate Size: 6 inches with females slightly smaller
- Food: Eats everything. Have yet to see them refuse any type of food.
- Water Conditions: Very tolerant. Accepts pH from 7.5 – 8.5 and a wide range of temperatures from 75 degrees – 82 degrees F.
- Breeding Behavior: Mouthbrooder. Males tend to be quite aggressive to females. They need to be quite large before spawning occurs. Mine did best with several tankmates to help reduce aggression towards the females.
- Tankmates: Does well with smaller Mbuna and large Nimbochromis, Victorians, and they should do fine with large Tanganyikans. Mine were kept with Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus, Nimbochromis venustus, Labidochromis caeruleus, Labidochromis sp. Mbamba, Labidochromis sp. Perlmutt, Pundamilia nyererei, Haplochromis sp. All Red and several Psuedotropheus zebras without problems.